From: Tei [mailto:oscar.vives@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:57 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Principles for an Ethical and Sustainable Internet

On 28 August 2012 14:51, Len Bullard <Len.Bullard@ses-i.com> wrote:
..
> According to the US Dept of Labor, the number of professional musicians (say working for a living) has dropped 41% in the last decade.  Piracy has an impact.

Culture change, and people don't want to pay for stuff now.  This
don't mean you can't make money anymore, but you have to go fishing in
a different way, the old system don't work as well as used to work.

As for calling thief people that enjoy your creations without paying.
Its fair, I suppose.

Almost all iOS apps are now free, and 40% are making a lot of money,
like $400.000  (the other 60% lose money).    People used to say that
Android had a large piracy problem. Now both markets are equal in
distribution paid apps/ free apps, with dominance of the free.
Pirates are just undeserved customers, most of them would pay
something for your work, perhaps some cents, less than 20 cents.

ℱin del ℳensaje.