Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema Checklist

On 21/10/2012 00:21, Timothy Cook wrote:

> So, if I can bother with one last point on this issue.  Since I
> apparently misunderstood   1.3.4
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#langids)

As far as I can see the list of version-specific URI listed in that
section are "Schema Language Identifiers" _not_ Namespace URI. I don't
think they are used (or usable) at all with Schema processors directly
they are just suggested labels that _other_ systems (such as a
configuration file to tell some GUI which schema processor to use) might
want to use to refer to versions of the schema specification.

> .... Sometimes other specifications or Application Programming
Interfaces (APIs) need to refer to the XML Schema Definition Language in
general, sometimes they need to refer to a specific version of the
language, possibly even to a version defined in a superseded draft....

David