Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

> I will close with this though.  XML is not a competitor and does not
> have competitors.  It is a technological solution.

Technologies compete in the sense that users have choices, and the cumulative effect of user choices is that some technologies achieve more success than others.

> Technology companies have competitors in and out of the XML world.
> Simplifying XML to accommodate capitalism not a good solution.
>
> If you want to lobby to change the XML specifications, purely to
> benefit your company

I'm not lobbying and I'm not looking for commercial benefit. I'm trying to answer the question posed in the subject of this thread, "what have we learned?".

Michael Kay
Saxonica