OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]
Re: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:
>> > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> >> And XML is designed for nodes.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > Absolutely not!
>> >>
>> >> Could you expand on this? Perhaps you could tell us about the data
>> >> model
>> >> of XML?
>> >
>> >
>> > After you.
>> This is evasive.
> Nonsense. You have not explained why you think XML is designed for nodes. I
> cannot "rationally accept" that just because you said so.

I'm sorry but the onus is on you to defend your initial claim. If you
do not believe that XML is designed for nodes, you should refute that
claim in support of your own. Without any evidence for your claim, we
cannot continue.

>> You have submitted a claim that this SO issue as an
>> "XML WTF" which is attributable to a type discipline. If you do not
>> defend your claim, we cannot rationally accept it.
> Who is this we?

Any interested party who examines your argument and desires evidence
in support of it.

>> Further, you made the claim that "XML is not designed for nodes". If
>> you are unwilling to defend this claim, it, too, must be rejected.
> You can reject what you like.

Science is a harsh mistress.

>> Are you interested in developing actual, useful theories or simply
>> wasting everyone's time?
> Actually, wasting people's time seems to be your department.
> And I'm done with this silly subthread.

So, instead of actually argue for your hasty assertion or retract it,
you simply take your ball and go home?

Why did you even start communicating? Surely, you must have been
interested in either informing observers or refining some theory of
yours. You appear to have neither informed anyone of anything nor
improved any theory. I look forward to your future contributions.

Thanks for playing,

David Sheets

> --
> Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
> Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com
> Author, Ndewo, Colorado                     http://uche.ogbuji.net/ndewo/
> Founding editor, Kin Poetry Journal      http://wearekin.org
> Editor & Contributor, TNB
> http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/uogbuji/
> http://copia.ogbuji.net    http://www.linkedin.com/in/ucheogbuji
> http://twitter.com/uogbuji

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

News | XML in Industry | Calendar | XML Registry
Marketplace | Resources | MyXML.org | Sponsors | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1993-2007 XML.org. This site is hosted by OASIS