Re: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On 16.11.2013 13:15, David Sheets wrote:
> statement was overbroad. I am happy making (and defending) the claim
> "XML was designed for elements".

I'm so sorry for joining party that late :-)

Of course today it is shared understanding that XML document is tree
composed from elements, attributes and text content of elements. However
this is in no way expressed in XML specification, it talks about syntax
of XML, there is nothing about data model which can be constructed from
the syntax.

So I think that your defense is lost in advance if we consider XML
purely as defined in XML Recommendation.

				Jirka