Re: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On 11/16/13 9:11 AM, David Sheets wrote:
Is it a better idea than using the string "null"? Other solutions
include special attributes or a distinct element. Are there still more
that are simple to express in XML the Syntax?

Does XML lack something that would make using the command string
"null" preferable to one of these other options in some context?
Is this a Zen koan exercise?  There is no general answer.  The only answers
exist in specific contexts people create.
And so, we learn nothing about how the design of XML does or does not
influence bad data design.
At this point we learn that failure to distinguish between markup and models built on top of markup leads to endless conversational loops.

Apparently I have nothing to teach you.

Farewell and good luck.

Thanks,
--