Re: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

>>> Is this a Zen koan exercise?  There is no general answer.  The only
>>> answers
>>> exist in specific contexts people create.
>>

>> And so, we learn nothing about how the design of XML does or does not
>> influence bad data design.
>

> At this point we learn that failure to distinguish between markup and models
> built on top of markup leads to endless conversational loops.

This does seem to be Uche's original problem. Blaming a type system
for a silly serialization doesn't actually have any standing.

> Apparently I have nothing to teach you.

When you refuse to elucidate the very subtle point you are trying to
make, it is very difficult for people to learn from you.

> Farewell and good luck.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with my present strategy.

David