Re: [xml-dev] How to design XML to have broad utility and yet alsoenable efficient application processing?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM, David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> wrote:

> Uche sayus ....

>. What database technology have you seen other than XML that uses such an arcane, unreliable, inscrutable, edge-case ridden mechanism to just say "index one > type of field and not another that coincidentally looks a lot like it"? There are numerous ways to solve that problem, including many less ridiculous than XMLNS.

------

I respectfully disagree.  Its irrelevant to me to compare to other database technology, the same as its irrelevant to ask how to identify a column in RDBMS when indexing XML,

When indexing XML it is perfectly natural, elegant, and clean in my mind to use QName's as the identifier for index items.    ( or in more complex cases  parent/child QNames, or xpaths).

I'm not the least bit interested in how it appears *to you*, nor am I at all interested in changing your mind. I just want to make sure others know there are different points of view.

XML:DB's XAPI. An XML technology. Nuff said.

--
Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com