RE: AW: [xml-dev] RFC for XML Object Parsing

Arjun,

You miss the point entirely in your excitement to type about how I used the word "tag" or some other off-track subject.  ISP's we not caching back when we were all using Netscape.  ETag was added to HTTP 1.1.  This is history that I recall.   Also - as I said , you must distinguish between server side and client side caching.  Can we get back on the subject at hand?  This entire subject of HTTP caching is only to explain a similarity to the purpose and need of this "oid" and "Update Time".  I dare not ask you if you can recognize the similarity, because I asked you to comment on the UpdateTime and you got all off subject again.  Suppose we erased all analogies to similarities between this "oid" concept and other HTTP Concepts then your only comment would have been my use of the word "tag".  Don't feel obligated to comment if you don't have anything to say.  Thanks for your input sir, please have a seat and allow someone else to speak.

Anyone else - If we took caching so seriously in HTTP, why should we avoid it all together in XML?

Brian