Re: Schemas and entities (was "And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!")

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

> Schema-aware processing starts when XML parsing finishes.  If the XML
> parser concerned is conformant, it will process and implement the
> effect of general entity declarations in the internal subset at
> least.  If there are attribute declarations in the internal subset, or
> in the external subset and they are processed, this may also affect
> what the schema processor sees.

Thanks for the clarification. I must say, I'm not thrilled about having to normalise
a document before handing it to a schema-driven processor, but at least now I know.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
       - Einstein