Re: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

Francis Norton wrote:

> How about a really simple XML web service to query where a chain's
> nearest branch is? (+ phone, fax, URL and opening hours) - I can't think
> of any retail chain that *wouldn't* want to support this query...

Yes, but that's just a piece of corporate software that happens to be deployed in a
pizza shop. If that's the criteria for "XML in a pizza shop", then I guess you'd have
to call them "players in the e-commerce space" too, since they can accept credit
cards...:-)

John McFadden (OmniMark) always said that SGML was supposed to be under the covers - if
it wasn't, it was a poorly designed system. For the most part, the same can probably be
said for XML as well - it's a means to an end. I won't lose sleep if it doesn't get
sexier with every passing moment.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au