   RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

> > If you're implying that individual organizations are playing
> > politics, then of course I buy that but I find it hard to
> > believe that representatives from individual organizations
> > would have the skill to manipulate so many others.
>
> It's not that. Complexity naturally resists commodization. The
> interdependencies make it hard for those with less resources to
> write the code. In particular XML Schema processing is no joke to
> implement...
>
> Bill de hÓra

Agreed. Building distributed systems is not for the faint of heart. In
the Web service space, we don't need the ad-hoc implementations you're
alluding to. All major vendors that most distributed application
developers care about have already stepped up to the plate.

-aaron