   RE: [xml-dev] Default namespaces are *evil*! (RE: [xml-dev] Global/Loca

> Aaron Skonnard wrote:
> > I don't see the problem with [having two kinds of names];
> > it's up to the application to deal with.
>
> Kian-Tat Lim replied:
>
> But if different specifications for applications define
> different ways of dealing with names in no namespace,
> wouldn't we have a recipe for the rampant confusion that
> has been demonstrated here and eventual interoperability failure?

I don't think it's reasonable (or useful) to disallow unqualified names
in general. The problem is not with applications dealing with this
situation but with the layered specs building confusing layers on top of
it.

-aaron
http://staff.develop.com/aarons