   Re: [xml-dev] Keeping ISO 8879 Alive (was RE: [xml-dev] Markup

At 05:17 PM 8/2/2002 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Simon St.Laurent scripsit:
> >
> > I've started to do some refactoring in a J2ME parser I'm writing.  The API
> > (though not yet the parser) is available at:
> > http://simonstl.com/projects/tam/
>
>Make sure to mention that TAM parsers aren't XML 1,0 conformant processors.
>primarily because they can't be counted on to process the internal subset.

Yep - I agree completely.  That's why it's the Tiny API for Markup, not for
XML.  (The TAX acronym is very appealing, but...)  With additional layers
on top of this API, one _could_ create a conformant parser, but that's not
the point of the present exercise.

This documentation problem will change soon.  I'm using Forte for the J2ME
stuff (to avoid the multiple JVM problems that make J2ME development a
nuisance), and haven't yet figured out how to make it include the
overview.htm file in the JavaDoc.  I'll likely go back to Ant for
documentation generation.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue