   Re: How to redesign W3C XML Schema (Was: Remembering the original XML vi

Zitiere Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi@Sun.COM>:

> The reason I asked that is because I thought you are talking about your
> open-source project. I thought open-source programmers are less
> concerned about what big vendors are doing. That led me to the
> question.

That's exactly my concern. "Vendors" can support the whole XML
Schema easily. Hire a suitable fulltime employee (called K.
Kawaguchi, for example :-), give him some months and you have
an XML Schema validator, parser or whatever you want.

In my case I have about 7-8 hours a week, which are additionally
filled with legacy (older projects and the like). XML Schema is
just too big for that. A suitable subset would
cause no problems.

In fact one will always implement support for a subset and try
to bring that subset as close to the whole language as possible.
But that rises the question: Which subset? For example, I would
expect that varying implementations of JAXB will all support a
different subset.

Jochen