   Re: [xml-dev] Which Will Be Released First, the W3C's XQuery Specor Long

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 08:05, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Working Groups are not required to formally address such issues, they
> are not required to respond in a timely manner, and just responding to
> reviewers does not solve the problem as a response does not change the
> specification in any way. And that there is such a requirement does not
> mean that Working Groups actually do it. There thus seems to be room
> for improvement...
>
> I am not sure where you got this rule for members from, maybe you can
> point me to the relevant section in the operative Process document?

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/policies.html#formal-address

Perhaps the requirement to 'formally address' those issues? A bit
fluffy, but the XSL WG can't be accused of skipping this one.

What makes me chuckle is the fact that the requirement on which
a WD is based is open to change, is not publicly reviewed
and can be changed by the WG!

Requirements creep is one thing, ....

--
Regards DaveP.