   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Where does the "nothing left but toolkits" mythcome fr

Robin Berjon wrote:

> All of them? I'm (not so) sorry but without a little more prose here
> that's still hand-waving and quite FUDish, if not just plainly, simply,
> obviously wrong. There's a bunch of binary file formats out there that I
> like as binary thank-you-very-much.

The point is XML. I assumed everyone realized that on the xml-dev
mailing list we're talking about XML, but if that isn't clear let me
restate.

Binary file formats that call themselves XML, binary encodings of the
XML infoset, and the like, are broken and actively damaging to the XML
community.

If some data requires a binary encoding for some reason, as some data
does, then it should not be encoded in XML, or anything that pretends to
be XML.