   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Mixed content in data-binding (Was: Re:[xml-dev] Inter

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 11:37 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> On ven, 2005-07-15 at 08:24 +0100, Pete Cordell wrote:
> > Original Message From: "Eric van der Vlist"

> > > Well said!
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, most people tend to exclude any mixed content from
> > > data-oriented applications ...
> >
> > How do you think a data binding app should handle mixed content?
>
> Some data binding applications do already support mixed content (IMO,
> it's mostly a matter of defining that support as a requirement!).
> Examples that come to mind are Amara
> (http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/) but also XMLBeans (see
> http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDataBinding.htm)

Yes, as Eric points out, mixed content is a non-issue with the right
tools, and I've written my Amara data binding for Python to handle it
quite smoothly.  My overall thoughts on this thread, including an
example of Amara's mixed content handling, in this entry:

http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2005-07-22/XML_data_b

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com