   Re: [xml-dev] Java NVDL implementation

On May 07, 2006, at 21:18, bryan rasmussen wrote:
> Well my argument is not based on a specific need right now but instead
> what I believe to be the most wide-spread needs in XML development,
> and the most general developer opinions,   of course, as I have not
> done a survey though this is just based on what people ask about  when
> I talk to them about different validation mechanisms.
>
> But based on this I think that NVDL, without an api to request the
> validated stream, will not be seen as useful by the wider community.

I'm not saying that such an API wouldn't be nice to have, but the
statement you make is akin certainly does not match the expectations
of the folks I've been working with who have long been waiting for
NVDL implementations. What we need is tools to validate compound
documents, nothing more. There's quite a bunch of folks out there who
might be interested in validating the likes of XHTML+SVG.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist