Re: [xml-dev] XML spec and XSD

Thanks, David for the insights.

looking at the following section of XML 1.0 fifth edition
specification, http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#proc-types

"Validating and Non-Validating Processors"
The spec seems to suggest that XML documents are valid only if a DTD
is associated with the XML document.
But I think, that's not entirely true given that XSD is also another
XML validation language from W3C XML activity.

I don't mind validating XML documents with other technologies like
RelaxNG or Schematron, if there is a need for me to do so. But I
think, existence of technologies like RelaxNG or Schematron cannot be
an excuse for XML spec, not to mention XSD within it as a validating
technology.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi