   RE: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not code (was RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs,

> Aaron Skonnard wrote:
>
> > :-) Well, we obviously don't interpret it the same way. Such a
> fundamental divide seems like reason enough, especially if you expect
> programmers like me to respect your earlier statement about the list.

> Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>
> And in pursuit of winning an argument, pinning an opponent,
> putting the biggest one on the table, Aaron, you and
> Bray lose the point.

> Authors don't need your respect.  You need their business.

Boy, you sure know how to twist words around for the benefit of your
argument. My point, which you conveniently ignored, is that any
reasonable interpretation of this list's charter clearly includes "the
programmer", which contradicts Walter Perry's earlier plea:

"XML-DEV is, and should be, finally about the development of skilled
XML--that is, markup--and much less about the ancillary business of
implementing appropriate algorithms for processing the wonderful
subtleties which the markup grows to describe."

A few STRONGLY VOICED "markup wonks", a majority does not make. The
truth is, not as many "programmers" have the leisure to participate here
(although MANY lurk) because they're too busy building programs for you
guys. ;-)

-aaron
http://staff.develop.com/aarons