   Re: [xml-dev] Re: How to redesign W3C XML Schema (Was: Remembering the o

I see good things in WXS, but it has been hard to find good arguments to
use it. WXS would have a right of existence to me if it was a good schema
language for serialized objects. But as others have pointed out many times,
it's unnecessarily verbose and it has too many examples of "there's more
than one way to do it", making it too hard to implement.

If the WG gives WXS a remake, I think they shall concentrate on the task of
making it easy for computers to read and write. DTD and RNG are already
good enough alternatives for us humans. In short, the WG must recognize
that there are other schema languages in use out here and try to find that
*niche* for WXS that appeals especially to dataheads, which was the reason
to make WXS in the first place.

Gustaf