   Re: [xml-dev] Re: How to redesign W3C XML Schema (Was: Remembering theor

I guess my real question is that if so many people thinks highly of
other schema languages, why don't I see tools supporting them?

I can understand that large vendors like Microsoft want to stick to one
language because they want to have a coherent story to tell to their
customers or because they have many non-technical reasons when it comes
to choose a technology.

but I thought there are other kinds of people, who can make decisions
mostly based on a technical reason. One of such people I think is those
who involves in open-source projects (like JaxMe) or those who are
making free software (like libxml).

> good enough alternatives for us humans. In short, the WG must recognize
> that there are other schema languages in use out here and try to find that
> *niche* for WXS that appeals especially to dataheads, which was the reason
> to make WXS in the first place.

He he, so you consider that W3C XML Schema is for a niche?   That's, uh,
encouraging  :-)

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com