Re: [xml-dev] RE: Encoding charset of HTTP Basic Authentication

We debated that on Jon Taplin's blog given his iPad and Anything Apple
enthrallment.  Money really shines for some abnd unfortunately, some
of them are educators by title.

Two points: 1)  American educational materials are already captured by
the fact that few publishers supply that market and they are thralls
of the Texas School Boards which are their biggest market and very
conservative.  Enuff said.

2)  and back to the barn, it is critical that we keep our focus on
open data resources for education, that is, remember why we do XML and
what this extra effort to markup information buys us.  If Apple can't
get that into their products, then someone will and a few examples
from what Texas does to school curricula will be enough to convince
the smarter systems to buy NoTApple.

As for those who don't, to put words into the mouth of the Great Gazoo:

"Let evolution succeed.  Let the dum dums die."

len