Re: [xml-dev] RE: Encoding charset of HTTP Basic Authentication

On 03/02/12 17:30, cbullard@hiwaay.net wrote:
[...]
> 2) and back to the barn, it is critical that we keep our focus on open
> data resources for education, that is, remember why we do XML and what
> this extra effort to markup information buys us. If Apple can't get that
> into their products, then someone will and a few examples from what
> Texas does to school curricula will be enough to convince the smarter
> systems to buy NoTApple.

Sorry, Len. Not a chance. Politicos from school board level upwards to
the White House can be -- and are being -- bought by companies, and will
vote whatever way their paymasters tell them. Most of them don't appear
to be very bright, either, and easily fall for the disinformation
peddled by their corporate controllers, as we can and will see on both
sides in the upcoming elections.

Happy days. "Stick with IBM, son, they'll look after you."

///Peter