Re: Turning off validation (was Re: Schemas and entities)

> Really?  This I've never heard before, and I like to keep up with these
> kinds of wacky false-positive issues.

> MSXML behaves like this if there's no DTD, but I thought they were the only
> ones.  Anyone have a list?

If there's no DTD, it drops to non-validation, but I don't think it has
the behaviour suggested of silently converting to non validation if no
elements are defined. When I tried it just now it (correctly) told me I
hadn't got a definition for the document element.

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp