Turning off validation (was Re: Schemas and entities)

At 02:44 PM 1/12/01 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Arghh.  Must be Friday.  You're right, I'm wrong.  Most validating
>parsers actually recover from no declaration for the root element by
>turning off validation, but that's a contingent, not a necessary,
>property.

Really?  This I've never heard before, and I like to keep up with these
kinds of wacky false-positive issues.

MSXML behaves like this if there's no DTD, but I thought they were the only
ones.  Anyone have a list?

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML