Re: [xml-dev] XML2.0: Comments (Was: Towards XML 2.0)

I meant that if the <xml:comment> notation is accepted, it is likely
that the IDE's will start to handle commenting/uncommenting in a
satisfactory way (and described one such possible behaviour).

I didn't mean that the IDE's at present are doing good
commenting/uncommenting job whenever the commenting results in nested
comments -- probably because there isn't enough information to do the
uncommenting correctly.

However, it seems to me that the <xml:comment> mechanism could provide
sufficient information to reverse the commenting.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev